Ecclesiology! What is a Church and Why Does that Matter?
In the past couple of years as we have lived through the COVID pandemic and shelter-in-place mandates, the church met virtually.
What did this mean for the church, the people of God (not the building)? This season of ministry has sparked a lot of questions.
- Was virtual church really a church?
- Is it an acceptable exception during a pandemic?
- How do we fulfill the mandate “not to forsake our gathering together?”
- How do we live out the personal, bodily, face-to-face dimension of life together in the church of Jesus Christ?
- What are the implications to the church being embodied?
- When we can meet together personally, is virtual and more impersonal still a viable option for gathering?
Now is an appropriate time to ask these questions, and our Theology Refresher is an appropriate time to seek some responses to them, as we revisit the biblical nature, purpose, and function of the church.
Lancaster Evangelical Free Church
419 Pierson Rd, Lititz, PA 17543
Dates & Times
Thursday, March 23, 1–5 PM
Friday, March 24, 8:30 AM–12:30 PM
Eastern District Association
PO Box 3547
Camp Hill, PA 17011